Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

Return to the Big Apple

This past weekend, we all took the train into New York. It was great to be back in my hometown.

We walked from 34th Street to Tribeca, which is a longgg way. En route, we had lunch at Manganaro's Hero Boy (home to the six-foot hero). I had a meatball hero, which is one of my favorite New York sandwiches. Meatballs on fresh hero rolls, covered in tomato sauce (no cheese please, aside from a whisper of grated parmesan),

When our spirits flagged later, we popped into the Vesuvio bakery's cafe. Vesuvio is an ancient Italian bakery in Soho that added a cafe about four years ago. They serve some of the best espresso I've ever tasted (including Italy).

We went into and out of shops, ending up at the Odeon -- a New York institution -- for dinner. I had a great steak with spinach on the side. We split an apple tart at the end. Heaven.

Like I said, it was great to get back into town (and not for work!). I look forward to future excursions.

Comments:
Meatball subs and espresso are what my dreams are made of... Back to my lukewarm chickpeas and cold rice. (BTW I've added a link on the Dreamer to your blog).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?