Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Brrrr II ...

It was COLD yesterday. The temperature in New York's Central Park hit a low of 18 degrees F (-8 degrees C) and it gets colder where we are. The low but constant wind made it even nicer.

Diane and I abandoned our usual morning walk and took the subway to work.

As far as I'm concerned this was the first REAL bitter New York bitter winter day we've experienced, the kind I'd been dreading after five years of mild London winters and balmy Indian ones.

I'm very glad I paid attention to the weather forecast on Sunday night. I swapped the light London parka for the long New York coat.

It's warmer today -- the forecast low is 23 degress F (-5 degrees C) AND we got a cosmetic dusting of snow overnight. I did the walk this morning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?