Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Burgled ...

I had a small shock at my health club yesterday. When I returned to the locker room after my workout, I saw the first sign that something was wrong: my lock was hanging off the door and one of the fixtures attaching it to my locker door had been ripped out.

I opened the door to find my clothes lying in a heap and my wallet -- which had been in my rear pants pocket -- sitting on top of my pants (Brit friends note: we Yanks call trousers pants).

Fearing the worst, I opened my wallet to find that every single dollar had been removed. There had been more than $160 in my wallet.

It could have been much worse. The thief could have taken my credit cards or -- worse -- taken the wallet and my driver's license.

The folks at the gym were upset and sympathetic. After I pointed out that I should be compensated in some way, they waived my fee for the next month.

A colleague who also uses the gym told me there has been about one such theft a month for the last three months or so.

Like him, I'm going to start leaving my wallet and watch behind when I go to the gym.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?