Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Ahhhhh ,,,

Every now and then, I need to get in touch with my Inner Brit. So, yesterday, I bought a bottle of Pimm's No. 1, a refreshing, lightly alcoholic drink mix. The drink is called Pimm's Cup.

You put some ice in a glass, pour in some Pimm's, then ginger ale, lemonade or lemon-lime soda (think 7-Up or Sprite), add a slice of lemon and -- viola! (misspelling intentional) -- you have the perfect summer drink. It refreshes and takes the edge off without slowing you down.

Diane and I had Pimm's yesterday and today (AFTER work, NOT for breakfast). If I closed my eyes, I could almost imagine those cool London summers on the terrace of our flat in Belsize Park.

Ahhhh ...

NB: I was introduced to Pimm's by a friend from Brooklyn, when we still lived in New York.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?