Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Hot dog ecstasy

I finally got around to buying a grill: a Weber "Smokey Joe" portable model. I also bought a chimney starter, my first. It's a metal cylinder a little bigger than a coffee can with a handle that enables you to light the charcoal and get it burning very quickly.

After years of struggling -- often clumsily and comically -- with newspaper, lighter fluid or paraffin starters, I have finally found something that makes grilling a joy.

It's so easy now that last night, after work, I fired up Smokey and grilled some hot dogs. Diane, meanwhile, heated up some beans.

The dogs were scorched, blistered and just a little bit burned. Diane and I ate them on the steps in the back of our house. The weather was cool for this time of year, so it was just right.

Heaven.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?