Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

I'm baaack

A friend recently expressed concern because he had not seen a posting to this blog from me in a while. Well, I have been "away" due to embarrassment.

This blog wound up getting hammered by the Awful Blogs Web site a few months ago. And, I have to admit, some of the criticisms are accurate. I did get a little carried away with my new Macbook and it's built-in camera (and I have since deleted some of the pics that were "quoted" in Awful Blogs.)

I also plead guilty, as charged, to writing some mundane, banal stuff. After the first couple of months, I had found it hard to find much to write about. Let's face it: living in New Jersey, working in New York City and commuting between the two of them are not as interesting as blogs about living in London or living in India.

The other problem: my audience is not necessarily the general public. This blog is intended for a) friends and family in the States and b) friends in Britain, who have an interest in how Americans live (There are differences. What we take for granted in America may be unusual elsewhere).

Another issue: because my "day job" is that of a journalist, I can't write anything containing political opinion. That would be wrong (and could get me in trouble with my employer). So, I have to keep it pretty vanilla sometimes. Like my other blogs, it's more of a travelogue.

So, what to do? Change the blog. It will be more like my London blog in its later days. There will be an occasional posting when I see or hear something interesting or funny. That includes pictures. I almost always have my camera with me.

I hope this makes the blog more interesting and more fun. And will keep me from getting the attention of Awful Blogs again!

Comments:
Hey, I don't think it's boring or mundane cos I'm not from USA. It has been quite of late but I'm glad you're back posting!

Cheers!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?